These are the rules for holy week by the Dominican Goverment:
1. Traffic in the towns of Guayacanes and Juan Dolio will only be allowed to drive in a single direction – from West to East.
2. No floatation devices of any kind are allowed on beaches, rivers or resorts.
3. Bathing in rivers, beaches and resorts is prohibited before 9am and after 6pm
4. Animals are not allowed in swimming areas on the beach, nor rivers nor resorts
5. Sale, distribution and consumption of beverages in glass bottles is prohibited
6. Firearms and knives must not be visible in public places
7. Nor more than 2 people are allowed on scooters nor motorbikes
8. All motorcyclists must wear a helmet
9. Heavy vehicles are not allowed on the roads between the hours of midday Thursday 1st and 6 am on Monday 5th April. Only allowed are those carrying food and gasoline which have the appropriate permission
10. Drivers of vehicles must wear their seat belt
11. No underwater fishing is allowed in swimming areas
12. All types of boat are prohibited in areas reserved for bathers
13. No popular music is allowed in any public place on Good Friday
14. Children under 10 years are only allowed to bathe in rivers, the sea and resorts if accompanied by an adult
15 It is prohibited to wash cars in rivers or spas.